TV Shows & Movies You Should Stream in April
I don't know about you, but Fridays are my day to stay in, order pizza, and watch tv. After going out Thursday to Saturday in college, I find myself appreciating the comfiness of my bed and the beauty of food delivery services. If your adulting like me and not only work a full-time job but do a side hustle full time (ahem, Deliberate Magazine), you're exhausted by the time Wednesday comes along. But, since I am an adult who has to pay bills and likes expensive things I have to go to work every day of the week. If you're finding yourself staying in on the weekends or looking for something to stream this month I've got you covered.
The beauty of streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon is that they're affordable and offers a plethora of tv shows and movies to stream. These are my top hand-picked tv shows and movies you should stream in April.
- Johnny Tsunami (April 19) - I loved this Disney classic when I was growing up. Even though I am terrified of the ocean I always wanted to go out and surf, but only in my dreams.
- Almost Famous (April 1) - This is a no-brainer, and if you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend you pop some popcorn, open your favorite bottle of wine, and enjoy the movie.
- The Switch (April 1) - This is another good movie if you're a fan of Jennifer Aniston and like romance movies.
- Tommy Boy (April 1) - This film cracks me up. Any movie with Chris Farley cracks me up. If you need a good laugh after a long week, this is the way to go.
You can see the full list of show streaming on Hulu on Mashable.
- Legends of Tomorrow (April 12) - I started watching this show when it came out but I slightly over-committed on the shows I could handle and fell behind. Regardless, I've heard good reviews about this show and if you were waiting for season two, the full season will be available on the 12th.
- Something's Gotta Give (April 1) - If you're looking for a drama/romance movie you should try this one out. It stars Diane Keaton and Jack Nickleson.
- Kubo and the Two Strings (April 8) - Just because it's a kids movie doesn't mean you can't channel into your inner child. Pop some popcorn and enjoy the movie.
- Kevin Hart: What Now (April 11) - I can't wait for this one. Kevin Hart is hilarious, and I know I will get a good laugh watching this.
- The Secret Life of Pets (April 22) - I've heard from friends this was good. Plus, any owner of a pet, if they don't already have cameras in their house, wonders what their pet does all day when they're at work. I think this one will be a good laugh.
You can see the full list of shows streaming on Netflix on Vulture's article.
- The Perfect Match (April 2-9) - I'm excited to see this one. Starring Terrance J, his best friend bets him that if he commits to one girl for a month, the Playboy will fall in love. If you're looking for a love/sappy movie, I believe this one won't let you down.
- Barbershop: The Next Cut (April 2-9) - I'm a little bummed Micheal Ealy won't be in this one. Since I've seen all the previous ones, I'm going to give it a try. It still has Ice Cube, and Nicki Minaj and Tyga are in it too.
To see a full list of what is coming to Amazon and HBO Now check out this article from The Verge.
What tv show or movie are you excited to stream in April? Let us know below!
Originally posted on Deliberate Magazine.