Adopting A Daily Beauty Regime
As I've gotten older and aware of the fact that wrinkles are in fact inevitable, I've since then have adopted a daily beauty regime to help keep wrinkles at bay and my skin healthy. After a few glasses of mimosas and a good catch up session with a long time friend (yes you Mandy xo) I've adopted her beauty regime with my products of choosing. Like I said, in my Cruelty-Free Makeup Brands You Should Switch To article, I've switched out all my skincare products that are not cruelty-free. I now use e.l.f. Skincare line which I love because it's a cruelty-free brand that doesn't make me break out. I tried going cruelty-free a year ago but had to stop because the products I was choosing were not agreeing with my skin. Anyways, I highly recommend you adopt your daily beauty regime whether it is similar to mine that I got from a friend or your own unique one that works for you and your skin.
The Morning Routine
Though I may fail to follow this every morning, I do try my best to be consistent. Here is my morning facial routine.
- Wash my face with e.l.f. Daily Cleanser. (I have their facial brush and most of the time I use it unless I'm lazy or in a rush)
- Pat dry my face with a face towel.
- Apply e.l.f. Hydrating Serum. I make sure my face fully absorbs the serum. I either rub it in my face and neck until the product is gone or I put it on and make my coffee.
- After the serum has fully absorbed into my face, I follow up by squirting two pumps of e.l.f. Daily Hydrating Moisturizer and an SPF Face Sunscreen, and I massage it into my face, neck, and ears.
The Evening Routine
After a long day of being outside with all the harsh chemicals that engulf Los Angeles, I always make sure to wash my face. Here is my evening routine.
- First things first, I wash my face with the e.l.f. Daily Cleanser. If I had makeup on, I take it off first with my e.l.f. Hydrating Gel Melt Cleanser.
- I then pat dry my face with a towel
- I squirt Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera (from Gelson's) on a cotton pad and wipe my entire face and neck. It's so good to do this after a long day outside. It helps tighten your pores, moisturizes your skin, and protects it from airborne impurities (yes I got that from the bottle).
- Then I put a pea size amount of Aura Cacia Nurturing Sweet Almond Oil with Vitamin E (from Whole Foods Market) on my face. Make sure you put a pea size because it will be too much and a complete mess (God forbid you yawn, and it gets in your eyes). I massage the almond oil into my face and neck.
- After the almond oil, I get my e.l.f. Face Massager and massage my face vertically and horizontally.
- After massaging my face, I then add my e.l.f.'s Nourishing Night Cream and massage it into my face and neck
I try to do the e.l.f. Hydrating Bubble Mask twice a week and leave it on for five to seven minutes. It tickles once it starts to disappear so I can't leave it on for long. I like this routine, and I have seen a difference in my skin that I can't complain about. Yes, it's a process, but I'm not going to be the first girl in my family to grow old and look shar-pei in the face (if you have never seen a Shar-Pei dog this is what it looks like. It's cute on them but not on us humans), so I will gladly take the extra steps. I hope my routine inspires you to either adopt it or make one of your own.
Originally posted on Deliberate Magazine.